As you likely know, aerobic exercise (or cardio) is physical exercise that gets your heart pumping and blood and oxygen flowing throughout your body. Some popular aerobic exercises include walking, biking, and swimming – all of which can help you live a longer, healthier life.
But that’s not all. Aerobic exercises also provide many other benefits. In fact, there are just too many too count! However, for the purpose of this post, we’re going to review seven of the many benefits of participating in aerobic exercise.
Let’s get to it!
- It can help keep your weight down: Although diet also plays a significant role in weight management, aerobic exercise can help you lose and keep weight off.
- It can help increase your endurance: Through aerobic exercise, you’ll be able to increase your endurance, allowing you to feel stronger and less tired throughout the day.
- It can help decrease your risk for health conditions: Some of these conditions include obesity, heart disease, type II diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure and even some types of cancer.
- It can help keep you healthier: In addition to lowering your risks for the above ailments, cardio can also help you ward off viruses such as colds and strains of the flu.
- It can help boost your mood: Aerobic exercise has been known to help fight depression, decrease anxiety and help individuals relax.
- It can help keep you mentally sharp: Physical, aerobic exercise keeps you mentally sharp and does more for your mind than puzzles and games. Oxygenating the brain is the game!
- It can help you live longer: Various studies have shown that individuals who exercise regularly live longer than those who don’t.
As you can see, there are several really awesome benefits of aerobic exercise. As little as 30 minutes a day, three times a week will have you feeling better and reaping the many benefits of aerobic exercise. So get out there and get moving!